The spring books have been getting some love this week so I thought I'd share what's in our spring book basket.
1. The Sun Egg ~ Elsa Beskow - Oh, I love this story, the "egg", the elf, the pilgrimage south...sigh...
2. Lost in the Woods ~ Carl R. Sams - beautiful photography, sweet animals
3. Over in the Meadow ~ Ezra Jack Keats - Lovely illustrations set to a familiar rhyme, my kids enjoy singing along to it.
5. Spring's Sprung ~ Lynn Plourde - I admit that I enjoy the illustrations in this book, more than the story. I live with squabbling enough without having to read it as well. Who knows, maybe it helps them work through their issues though.
6. The Tiny Seed ~ Eric Carle - We're huge Carle fans and this one's no exception. Elizabeth used to compare every seed she saw to the ones in this book, trying to determine where they'd land.
7. First The Egg ~ Laura Vaccaro Seeger - not really so much a spring book, although it does have eggs and chickens. Paul's mom sent it recently, and the kids love watching one picture become part of the next.
8. The Sun Seed ~ Jan Schubert - One of my favorites. What this woman can't do with felt! Gorgeous pictures and the story reminds me of Elizabeth's sunflower seed harvesting obsession.
9. Pelle's New Suit ~ Elsa Beskow - Great story of a boy who works his way into a new coat, following all the steps of turning a sheep's wool into a new blue coat. Wonderful!
10. Spring ~ Gerda Muller - There hasn't been a book yet in this wordless book series that Finn hasn't loved. He was a bit concerned about where the dog went, but the photos just ooze spring-y joy.
I just had to add a footnote about the lovely yarn that came in the mail yesterday from Linda. I love, love, LOVE this super-soft yarn, and I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to make with it. :)