I thought I'd give an update on how the knitting is coming. I finished the scarf I was making with the funky orange wool. This scarf it the first piece I've done that wasn't washcloth sized and wasn't either all knitting or knit one row, purl one row. I did the basic ribbing of knit 2, purl 2, and I really like how stretchy the scarf is and how clean and simple the lines are. (Elizabeth keeps asking if she can "borrow" my scarf. I didn't know that was going to start already.)
Next up, I'm trying an actual pattern with some of the wool from Linda. I really like how it's turning out so far, although you can't see the triangle pattern very well with the varigated yarn.